Position: Lead Writer
Throne Publishing Group – Sioux Falls, SD – Hiring Both Part Time (20 hours per week) and Full Time (40 hours per week)
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled writer who has a passion for peoples’ life story, writing, editing and working with non-fiction content.
The goal of the Lead Writer is to be trained in and use our publishing and writing processes to write and/or edit a rough draft book manuscript. By doing so, helping our clients capture their life stories and wisdom gathered over their lifetime and capture it in, what we believe to be, one of the greatest inventions of all time: a book.
The outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Write rough draft manuscripts approximately 15,000 words in length through our publishing process and legacy book programs.
- Participate in all-day interviews, called Live Author Sessions and Legacy Interviews, in order to acquire all the necessary content from the author needed to write the rough draft manuscript.
- Learn and execute our writing process and learn how to write a rough draft manuscript.
- Participate in 90-minute, Live Author Workshops that outline the authors intended voice and tone, establishing content guardrails and the overall content theme.
- Assist in writing the overall content marketing plan for the company by writing blog posts, email content, website and book content.
- Assist our CEO with writing all company content, email marketing content and blog posts
- Strongly resonate with and believe in our Core Convictions, which fuel our culture. They can be read on our website: www.Thronepg.com/our-team
- Communication– Speaks and writes clearly and with purpose. Maintains a standard while building out systems in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Agility– Adjusts quickly to changing circumstances, project timelines and author needs. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Listening Skills – Listening to the author to help them find and identify their narrative.
- Proactivity– Takes initiative. Brings new ideas, opportunities and value to the company.
- Live out the Throne Guiding Principles.
- Be and remain coachable.
- Experience in writing for at least 3 years.
Skills and Experiences (Must-Haves):
- Well versed and familiar with the basic functions Microsoft Word
- Experience using GoogleDrive
- Experience with using GoogleDocs
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced work environment.
- Comfortable editing with The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience proof reading content.
Interested? Tell us how you think you could thrive in this position! We will follow up with you…Thank you for your interest!