We’re looking for a
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled designer who has a passion for telling stories through books and quality design. We believe in legacy, tradition, finding ones voice and helping our clients live their calling using their published book.
The goal of the Designer is to design front and back book covers, custom internal layouts and help visually communicate our mission, convictions and value proposition more clearly.
The outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Design the front cover, back cover and spine of printed books using InDesign.
- Design the cover of digital books.
- Design the internal layout of print books.
- Design workbook layout and covers.
- Design Legacy Book covers and layouts following our templates and systems.
- Continue to build out the existing Throne Brand and all relevant extensions such as: conference branding, podcasts, sales materials, etc.
- Design a layout system in which all our books can have an efficient way of executing an internal layout.
- Communication– Speaks and writes clearly and with purpose. Maintains a standard while building out systems in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Agility– Adjusts quickly to changing circumstances, project timelines and author needs. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Listening Skills – Listening to the author to help them find and identify their narrative.
- Proactivity– Takes initiative. Brings new ideas, opportunities and value to the company.
- Be prepared and willing to grow personally and professionally.
- Live out the Throne Guiding Convictions listed on our website.
- Be and remain coachable.
- Experience in design for at least 2 years.
Tools to Be Used:
- InDesign and Photoshop
- Asana Project Management Software
- Google Drive and Google Docs
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Hours and Pay details:
- This position can be either full time (40 hours per week) or part time (20 hours per week) depending on the individual.
- Pay based on experience.
- Flexibility for working hours and opportunities to work remote.