We’re looking for a
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented Publishing Manager who can work with our Authors and publishing team to publish books and manage every step of our process from idea to a book-in-hand.
The goal of the Publishing Manager is to take an Author from an executed publishing agreement, deliver excellence from the beginning to the final product and identify opportunities to add value that will result in the author referring and doing more business with Throne. He/she will achieve this goal by managing and executing the details of our process through communication, scheduling, meeting deadlines and enhancing processes.
The outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Guide approximately 35 Authors through our entire publishing process until they receive their final product.
- Manage contractors, vendors, authors and other team members to assure they understand the overall project, their deadline and are accountable to that deadline.
- Analyze and adjust production schedules according to the performance of all team members and authors.
- Communicating with all team members and authors to keep everyone up to date and accountable.
- Assist in the creation and refining of the overall publishing operational systems.
- Recognize and build new vendor opportunities for writers, editors and designers while negotiating contracts
- Increase positive Author Experience Survey rate to over 90%
- Assure over 90% of all projects come in on time and at budget.
- Train new project manager(s) in publishing process and work with them to achieve their job deception and empower them do things they never thought they could do.
- Live out Colossians 3:23
- Details – Loves working with details, organization and schedules.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and with purpose. Maintains a standard while building out systems in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Experience – Well versed using Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Gmail, Google Calendar. Familiar with Slack and Asana.
- Agility– Adjusts quickly to changing circumstances, project timelines and author needs. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Innovation – Problem solving to ensure the organization operates efficiently and our author’s expectations are exceeded.
- Organization – Plans, organizes, schedules, and project-based budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Keeps priorities on a daily basis.
- Proactivity – Takes initiative. Brings new ideas, opportunities and value to the company.
- Live out the Throne Guiding Principles.
- Be and remain coachable.